Mill Village Farms provides paid job opportunities for youth (ages 14-18) within our organization, however we have recently expanded our job opportunities by partnering with local businesses, non-profits and churches in the greater Greenville community to further our youth’s training and employment opportunities.
Through weekly classes, mentoring, and workshops, youth at Mill Village Farms develop soft skills, such as leadership, teamwork, communication, professionalism, and time-management. They also serve as advocates in the community and are held to high standards of performance and behavior, all while earning a stipend.
Proposal for Ally Business Partners
Mill Village Farms provides...
- HR, training, admin, and legal support for Ally Youth Member and local business
- Recognition of local business as an "Ally Partner" for youth in our community.
Local Businesses receive...
- Additional youth labor with Mill Village Farms' youth program expertise
- Opportunities to develop the next generation workforce
- Investment opportunities with a tax-deductible contribution to support future opportunities
- Exposure and recognition as an Ally Partner in Mill Village Farms' events, website, social media, and local press communications.
Local businesses commit to...
- Providing an internship position for a teen, approximately 3-4 month time period
- Training Ally Youth Member in job specific expectations and requirements
- Communicate regularly with Mill Village Farms' Youth Director of any work-related successes and challenges
Ally Youth Member will....
- Provide his or her own transportation to and from the job site
- Be responsible to communicate with his or her work supervisor regarding schedule
- Follow all safety and performance expectations that pertain to any employees of local business