Mill Village Farms Veggie Cart Staff
Mill Village Farms has a Veggie Cart that is just starting up and will be located near the bus station in Greenville (corner of McBee Ave. and Richardson St.). The focus of the cart is to make fresh produce more available to those riding the bus as well as those traveling through downtown Greenville.
The cart will carry a mix of produce from Mill Village Farms as well as produce from other local produce suppliers.
In addition to helping with Greenlink, employee may also help with FoodShare boxes (similar to CSA, packing and prepping, delivering them, manning a station for people to pick up, etc. ) and Farmer's Markets (where we sell Mill Village Farms produce, Traveler’s Rest Farmers Market 7am-1pm). If you are willing and needed extra hours, you could likely fill in some extra hours with FoodShare and Farmer's Market help.
VEGGIE CART STAFF RESPONSIBILITIES
● Primary responsibility for ringing up product sales accurately and efficiently- includes possessing knowledge of products, prices, scale functions, pos applications on iPad
● Treats customers and co-workers with courtesy and respect
● Makes eye contact and greets customers enthusiastically
● Assists putting inventory back in storage and freezers appropriately
● Able to inform people about SC DSS provided Healthy Bucks program (training provided) and process EBT cards
● Communicates regularly with managers and co-workers regarding customer input and grocery needs
● Completes side tasks as directed- including but not limited to: receiving deliveries, loading and unloading produce to Veggie Cart, cleaning, etc.
● Assists customers with product questions and suggestions, maintaining high customer service at all times
PAY AND BENEFITS
● Pay starts $8-$10/hour, based on skill and availability. 10-20 hours/ week
● Hours- Veggie Cart: Tuesday & Thursday 11:30-6:30pm; Wednesday 1:30-6:30pm
● Hours- TR Farmer’s Market: Saturday 7:00-1:00pm through September 29
● Hours- FoodShare: Tuesday 10:00-3:00pm; Wednesday 8:30-2:00pm; possibility of other weekday shifts
● Possibility of other available shifts with special events, etc.
● Benefits include 20% discount.
● Wage increase available if exceeding requirements
IF INTERESTED CONTACT KATIE@MILLCOMMUNITY.ORG. THANK YOU!